RE: [squid-users] offline_mode troubles

From: Guido Serassio <>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 23:09:02 +0100

Hi Sean,

Il 23.01 08/02/2002 ha scritto:
>Thanks for the advice.
>I'll try out the newer binary... I can live with pure 'offline_mode' without
>the intermittent stuff for now, as long as I can figure out a good way to
>allow a Sales person to switch their box from online to offline mode and
>restart the squid service. My hunch is that this could be easily
>accomplished with a simple batch file and 2 alternate squid.conf files.

According to
article, the offline code of Squid is not operational.
So i think that latest build SquidNT can't resolve Your problem.
May be that adding the intermittent mode patch without the network
interface status check can help You. If You are interested, i will try this
in the weekend.

Let me to know about.

>Perhaps at a later time I might be interested in testing intermittent
>interface check patches. Out of curiousity, what compiler is SquidNT
>compiled with?

Microsoft VC++ 6.0. All the magic is in the Romeo's work on sources.

Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY