[squid-users] squid as a reverse proxy and it doesnt cache

From: Rommel, Florian <Florian.Rommel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:25:40 +0200

hi, i am new to the list and i have this wicked problem.¨
I am using Squid 2.4 on an OpenBSD box to reverse proxy 2 backend servers and take thee load off. the bad thing is the urls tht get requested contain all a ? so i added hierarchy_stop ? to the squid.conf yet when i do a load test our backend servers still get hit very hard.I took the no_cache away for queries and i set refresh pattern for http: to 1 20% 4320. Still it wont cache. i can get a lot more requests now thru the server but i would like it to cache..
the data needs to be cached for 1 minute before it expires.

any ideas?..
ps: i went throught the searchable mail archive but couldnt find much more except the refresh pattern and the no_cache thing.

any help would be greatly appreciated

//Florian