[squid-users] how does authentication with NT and linux group combined work exa ctly?

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:49:58 +0100

Hi,

I did not get any feedback on this yet. I do not really understand how it is
working with NT.

I have 2 NT groups one with full access (configured with proxyauth file) and
one limited group which I have put in a text file (format domain\user).
I now want to authenticate this group from text file, however it does not
work.

I have squid.conf configured like this :
acl restricted-sites dstdomain "/var/squid/auth/restricted-sites"
acl restricted-users proxy_auth "/var/squid/auth/restricted-users"
acl internetacl proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow restricted-sites restricted-users
http_access allow internetacl
http_access deny all

These users with restricted access, need to have access except for the
domains listed in files 'restricted-sites'.
These users are on linux in file restricted-users and on BDC in file
'KLS#Restr.Internet'. I believe I also need to give read access on proxyauth
for this restricted group, is this correct?

I would appreciate if somebody can explain this to me?

BR,
./koen

Koen Van Bossche

KONE International SA