Re: [squid-users] caching of auth stuff

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 05:59:31 +0100

No.

The only thing Squid keeps track of is the users password, and only
that it is valid. If Squid does not know the entered password is
valid for the username then it will query the auth helper.

It is possible that the PAM LDAP module caches some information. This
is outside of our control. The Squid PAM helper does not cache
anything.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid developer

On Friday 01 February 2002 15.39, Terry Davis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I auth my squid users via pam which then does some ldap stuff. I
> made some pretty big changes last night to the ldap db. I came in
> this morning and no one could authenticate through. A simple
> reboot of squid fixed the problem. Anyone else notice similar
> behaviour? Does squid perhaps cache session information? I would
> REALLY hope not but you never know. :) Particularly, does squid
> know/care about uid's and gid's and keep track of them in memory
> somehow?
>
> Thank you!

available on request