Re: [squid-users] squid & md5

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 06:06:20 +0100

And if you are not refereing to Digest authentication but to the MD5
password hash method of Apache and many other web servers for Basic
authentication then the answer is simply

Yes it can be done, but there is no helper understanding this
password file format.

Adding the MD5 format to NCSA auth should be quite trivial. Just grab
the MD5 password verification routine from Apache and plug it into
the Squid NCSA auth sources.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 20.57, Robert Collins wrote:
> ===

available on request