[squid-users] reverse DNS by squid when using parent proxy

From: <jhorton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:37:04 +0000

Hi,
I have found that squid performs a reverse DNS lookup if an ip address
is given as the url - even when a parent proxy is configured. It was my
understanding that all requests would be forwarded to the parent. Is
this default behaviour? Is there a way of stopping this so that squid
will forward everything to the parent - regardless?
I have an acl that uses dstdomain, so I realise that a reverse lookup
will be performed - but why does this happen if a parent proxy is
reachable?
what's going on! help!
tia