[squid-users] Harddisk suspend

From: Andre Alexander Bell <andre.bell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:35:26 +0100

Hello!

I've searched the web, FAQ, Documentation of squid and thsi mailinglist, but
I haven't found a way to solve my problem.
My Router is running Debian/testing and I do use squid as proxy. I don't turn
of the computer, but I want to make it as silent as possible, so I've used
hdparm to suspend my IDE Harddisk after 5 minutes of inactivity.
After installing squid my computer is accessing the harddisk every 15 seconds
while no one is using squid.
If I stop squid harddisk access stops too...
Why is squid periodically accessing the harddisk? How can I stop squid to do
this? Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this?

ciao

Andre