Re: [squid-users] Harddisk suspend

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:38:55 +0100

This routine is responsible for cleaning up two out-of-the ordinary
events:

a) Recreating the cache directory structure in case a directory is
lost.

b) Removing malplaced or accidently forgotten files within the cache
directory structure.

Neither of these two should really happen.

The first can be manually fixed if detected (squid will complain in
cache.log).

The second should heal up automatically even without this garbage
collector, as Squid reuses the filenumbers. Only if you change your
L1/L2 numbers Squid won't recover automatically without this garbage
collector, and as changing these numbers require you to clean the
cache anyway it is no big deal..

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Saturday 16 February 2002 18.55, Andre Alexander Bell wrote:
> On Friday 15 February 2002 00:53, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > This garbage collection cannot be disabled without changing the
> > code. Look for eventAdd("storeDirClean"... in the sources
> > (src/fs/*/store_dir*.c). It should be safe to turn this off if
> > you are annoyed by it. (to turn off, simply delete the eventAdd()
> > line)
>
> Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try...
> Do I have to take care of something after removing these lines?
> I mean if there is no longer a timed garbage collection...
>
> thanks...
>
> Andre

available on request