Re: [squid-users] Logdir changes ownership

From: Dave Raven <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:33:54 +0200

cd /etc/ && grep -nH chmod *|grep squid ; cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ &&
grep -nH chmod *|grep squid

unlikely though. I cant see a reason why that would happen.
Try running the chown + chmod like I described previously
and rebooting into single user mode.
    ( boot -s )

If they stay the same then, you will know its a startup script somewhere.
Do some greping and the works; it cant be squid doing it.

What O/S are you running by the way?
Is it a fresh install?

If you still cant solve the problem it may be that your O/S is somehow
modifying the log directory to be root readable (ONLY) for security.
This is quite possible.

A quick solve would be to move your log dir elsewhere,
e.g. /usr/local/squid/logs and then just change your squid.conf.

Dave Raven.
OpteqSec.