Re: [squid-users] Cute FTP via Squid

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:31:19 +0100

For FTP you specify the userid and password as part of the URL. See
RFC1738 for the gory details.

  ftp://user:password@host/...

I have never used Cute FTP so I don't know how well it operates with
HTTP proxies, but from the error it looks like it is not sending the
correct URL to Squid but instead a URL for anonymous FTP. See your
access.log file.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 04:59, Deshwal Chand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Squid installed. My problem is that the Cute FTP program is
> not able to be connected to any FTP site. If I go directly (By
> passing the proxy), then it connects. My users generally log into
> one FTP site mostly. That site does not support anonymous login. We
> have User ID and Password for us to login into that site.
>
> Now as CuteFtp does not work, I have tried ftp://ftp <ftp://ftp>
> .--.--
>
> Squid replies:
>
> Unable to connect: I sent PASS<YOURUSERNAME> and got the reply
> GUEST Privillege not supported.
>
> My question is :
>
> Can I configure Squid to connect to that site by specifying the
> User ID and Password in Squid.conf
>

> Thanx in advance
>
> Chand

available on request