[squid-users] issue using 2 authentication groups

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:56:31 +0100

Hi,

I have my proxy configured with smb_auth and use the NT_group to
authenticate with squid. This works very well. However I now want to add a
second NT group with users who only should have access to just a few sites.
I have this configured and have been checking this for some time, but do not
seem to be able to resolve the issue. I have samba installed and with
rpcclient and a script, I can put the users of the restricted access into a
textfile on my squidbox.

I have it configured in my squid.conf like this :
acl limited-sites dstdomain "/etc/squid/sites-allow.txt"
acl internetlimitedacl proxy_auth "/var/squid/auth/ltd-users"
acl internetacl proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow limited-sites internetlimitedacl
http_access allow internetacl
http_access deny all

Can anyone help me telling if this is the correct way to do so? If yes what
else do I have to look for? What else could be related to this proxy? I also
assume both NT groups must have read rights to proxyauth file.

Kind Regards,
./koen