Re: [squid-users] persistent http with pushback

From: Marcel Ruff <ruff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:59:14 +0100

Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) wrote:
> Sorry, I am not sure I understand what you are doing here or exacly
> when you are getting problems. Are you saying that you cannot succeed
> in getthing these replies at all back via Squid, or that it does not
> work to keep the connection persistent for a second request?

- It works fine to send many requests (where each request sends its
little response) (with Squid)

- It works fine to send a single request and return many responses.
(with Squid)

- It does NOT work to send a request which sends many responses and
this multiple times (with Squid)

Without squid all cases run fine.

> What I can tell is that the reply headers you have shown can't keep a
> HTTP/1.0+ persistent connection, and will be closed when the reply is
> finished. HTTP/1.0+ persistent connections require a Content-length
> reply header. (HTTP/1.1 has a mode where you can keep connections
> persistent without the need of Content-length, but Squid is not yet
> HTTP/1.1 and neither is your reply)

What is wrong with the reply?

OK, what do i have to do?
Does this help?

I can send two test java files which show the problem
(if you are willing to look at it :-)

I have just download httptunnel-3.0.5, there
it works - how can i dump the squid messages
to see how they have solved it?

thanks for your help,

Marcel

--