Re: [squid-users] Running out of hard disk space

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:58:56 +0100

Have you tuned your filesystems to optimize for space, not speed?

If optimized for speed, then Squid will fragment the filesystem to
such extent that no files can be stored there even if DF reports you
have 50% free..

See the Squid FAQ section on Solaris.

I don't think you are running out of inodes.

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 12:51, Matthew Stringer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using Squid for a while now on a Sun/Solaris system.
>
> It works fine but if it's left to run for a few months it reports
> that there is no more room on the hard drive.
> I've set the inode size for the disks to 1259 which is the smallest
> it will let me use and I've set the size in squid.conf to be quite
> a bit smaller than the actual size but to no avail.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Cheers
>
> Matt

available on request