Re: [squid-users] Transproxy & FW-1

From: Bizou <bizou@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:08:16 +0100

Yes true, i could also make my proxy listen on port 80, the problem would
only be to change the dest ip in the NAT process, the problem should be the
same in my mind

I've tried this configuration yesterday and the result is................ it
doesn't work cos FW-1 do not accept that the destination ip address is
changed in the NATed paquet since there is an ANY dst in the entering paquet

I've finally chosen the ipfilter solution with ipnat on a solaris,
For information, here is the ipfilter mechanism (ipnat occurs before routing
paquets) : http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ipfil-flow.html

              IN

          +-------------------------+--------------------------+
          | | |