[squid-users] Websense with Squid / placement of server

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:35:03 +0000

I have given up with Websense; I found SurfControl instead. Installs on Linux,
uses internal authentication via its seemingly own internal LDAP (possibly
open to other apps too?), and can pass all requests on to a parent proxy, with
the option to go direct if that proxy is down.

I have it running on the same machine as Squid as a pure URL block and
everything seems to be running normally. I know that it should be on a
separate machine ideally but I don't have one for the moment.

Now I have two questions:

1) Can I statically NAT the Squid box, putting it on a LAN with 192.168.x.x
addresses and NATting it on the firewall?

2) If I can't NAT it, where is the best place for it? On the DMZ?

Simon.

--
|-Simon White
|-Internet Services Manager