[squid-users] Parent Proxy Problem

From: Quintin Giesbrecht <quinting@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:51:28 -0600

I am running squid on a RH6.2 box, and connecting to an ICP parent proxy
(N2H2 filter system - also running squid).

If I run squid on a public, single nic system, and hit it from a public
workstation, it works fine.

If I run squid on a box doubling as a gateway, so I have a private nic,
and a public nic, and I hit it from a private workstation, the parent
proxy denies me access...

Looking through the logs, I can see the PRIVATE ip address of my
workstation being sent to the N2H2 box, which is not in it's list of
acceptable child proxys, and rejects it.

If I add to 10.0.0.0 class of ips to N2H2s list of accepted ips, it
works fine....

Anyone have any ideas how to force squid to send it's own ip, rather
than the client ips?

Thanks