Re: [squid-users] Are "this be aioCancel" log messages anything to worry about?

From: Web server manager <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 02:05:51 +0000 (GMT)

"Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom)" wrote:

> It is just a minor debug message that accidently was left at a too
> high debug level.

Thank you *very* much for the rapid reassurance.

> The reason why you are now receiving these is most likely a slight
> change in the workload your Squid receives, now triggering the
> aioCancel action. This is when Squid aborts a disk I/O operation,
> most likely because the client is no longer there (aborted the
> request).

Mmm... I grep-ed for the message in the logs on one of our cache systems
(that was reporting the error after the upgrade), and it had not logged it
all this month, until after the upgrade. However, I'll stop worrying about
it unless I see any evidence that it's actually associated with a problem.

> In src/fs/aufs/async_io.c, just change the debug(0,0) on line 173 to
> debug(32, 2) and you will get rid of the message, or upgrade to
> Squid-2.5.

I was suspicious that the (0,0) might simply be an oversight, but wary of
hiding a potential problem by disabling the message; with your reassurance,
I'll make the change. Thank you very much!

                                John

--
University of Cambridge WWW manager account (usually John Line)
Send general WWW-related enquiries to webmaster@ucs.cam.ac.uk