Re: [squid-users] UP grade

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:49:30 +0100

Juan Pablo Herrera wrote:

> Hi,everybody
> I have squid 2.4.STABLE2 . I want to upgrade to 2.4.STABLE4
> version . How can I upgrade whitout losing my cache.
> I didn't found the answer in the FAQ of Squid.
>
> thanks.
>
> Juan

 You will not loose the cache, in any way.
 Provided , you do not change related parameters such
 as the location and the size of the cache.

 Now I myself found upgrading SQUID sometimes cumbersome
 because of slight changes in to squid.conf which were sometime made.
 And sometimes it was important to followup on them.
 Yet I presume that , in the context of the small changes
 to 2.4.S4 (security,mem leaks...) that there will be no new
squid.conf.default.
 I presume.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.