[squid-users] Squid As Replacement for MS ISA Server

From: Lai, Raymond <Raymond.Lai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:48:05 -0500

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this mailing list and to Squid.

My company is evaluating ISA Server for our Windows 2000
domain as it incorporates Windows Integrated Authentication.

Bascially, they want client credentials to be passed transparently
to the ISA Server, which will either allow or block them.

As an alternative, I have heard that Squid 2.5 can authenticate
Windows clients without a "pop-up" authentication box when
a browser window is opened. I plan to test on my Debian Woody box.

Is anyone running a Squid box which can authenticate Windows
clients (based on Active Directory groups) w/o the "pop-up"
authentication box?

Thanks much!
Ray