[squid-users] Squid 2.3 Stable 5 logfile problem

From: Greg Darby <greg.darby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:05:55 +1030

Hi,

Can anyone advise how to fix a "non" rotating logfile in a Squid 2.3 Stable5
installation.

I have tried the squid -k rotate and it does nothing. No error reports, no
nothing. I look at the cache.log and access.log and they do not change, even
after several days. The access.log is now approaching 100MB. Is there a safe
way to delete and recreate the file?

By the way, It a ported version of Squid to NT4. (yes, circumstances permit
the use of Linux in this installation)

Regards,

Greg

Greg Darby
Systems Administrator
Ramelec (SA) Pty Ltd
2 Ontario Ave Panorama
South Australia 5041
Ph +61 8 83742100
Fax +61 8 83742102

This email and any attachment has been swept for the prescence of known Virus's by Ramelec's NTMail Virus Detection System.