[squid-users] Activating WebDAV support in Squid 2.4.STABLE1

From: Alexander Troppmann <at@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:12:21 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

we're doing an evaluation of MS Exchange 2000 (which must feel very lonely
between all the Linux boxes on our Intranet ;-) and - off course - there are
many troubles :-)

For now we discovered the cause of a strange problem using the web based
interface of Exchange (e.g. the content of email folders didn't appear on
the browser window) - it seems that a Squid proxy server, running
transparently on port 80 of an internal Linux firewall, has been the source
of the Exchange troubles.

I don't know how good the WebDAV support in Squid works but I suppose that
MS is breaking RFC standards like times before... I also found messages
about this WebDAV troubles on the Squid Mailinglist but no postings which
are up to date or which would help to answer my questions about the proper
WebDAV configuration of squid.

So, how is the current status in Squid 2.4.1 - would it work with MS
Exchange 2000?

Maybe you can post an URL or some more information about the solution to
this as I think, somebody already solved it :-) (I hope so...)

thnx & best regards
Alexander Troppmann

--
  alexander troppmann