[squid-users] Re: squid error messages through transparent?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:04:13 +0100

Right. Did not read the question proper. The question on why IE does
not show the Squid errors are so common that I sort of assumed this
was the problem..

As these "failed" requests do not at all hit the proxy before IE has
redirected them there is not much we can do.

What you can do is to use a redirector that traps these idiotic
search requests (assuming the URL used is different from that of a
normal URL) and redirect the user to a page that is in your opinion
better.