Re: [squid-users] NDS-Authentification, Setup

From: Gerben Welter <gerben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:53:40 +0100

Hi.

Does LDAP support contextless login? If it doesn't and you have users in
multiple contexts, it can be a real pain. This is because users in general
are unaware of the context they are in and then it becomes hard to educate
them.

NDS Authentication Services solves this problem by making a database of
usernames and contexts. It then searches its database for the correct
context. There are only problems when the same username exists in multiple
contexts. But this can be avoided in the first place by having a good
username policy.

If I have the time, I'll whip up some documentation on how to use NDS
authentication with Squid. It's nothing special. It's almost identical to
other authentication schemes.

Gerben.