Re: [squid-users] Blocking in Squid based on content

From: Daniel Barron <squidusers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:16:23 GMT

In message <009601c1c062$8fa667e0$895305c7@suizafoods.com>
          "Conlan Adams" <conlan.adams@countryfresh.com> wrote:

> I am pretty new to squid, so I apologize if this isnt the correct place to
> post this, but an awnser could be useful.

Yes it has been asked /lots/ of times. The archives can be usefull.

> Is there any way to block websites served up by squid based on content?
> The reason I ask is there has recently been a HTML parsing bug discovered
> in microsoft IE that allows execution of any app on a clients Windows
> machine and I want to see if I can block sites that may contain that by
> part of the HTML string.

You want to look at:

http://dansguardian.org/

That is a very good content filter that works with squid :)

> If any one has any ideas of how I can do this or has experience doing this,
> please let me know

I have installed this on about 30 sites and works wonderfully. See what
people say about it:

http://dansguardian.org/?page=userfeedback

Look nearer the end of the page which represents the newest comments.

BTW, I admit connection with the project.

--
Daniel Barron