[squid-users] Restarting Squid in web-interface

From: Roberto Inzerillo <robicd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:50:43 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,
 I'm new to this lst, so pardon if the topic was already debated. I still
don't find something related.

I would like to let squid restart (or at least reconfigure) using a web
interface (apache + php or any other cgi language). This in order to let squid
read new ACLs without neading manual admin intervent.

I do have admin access to the machine where squid runs.
I tried something using php but it seems that I have some privilege problems
(obviously) in order to start, stop or restart daemons with exec() :-(

Could someone give me some hints on the right approach?

  thank you all,
        Roberto

http://www.gmx.net