Re: [squid-users] InterScan and Squid

From: Jerry Murdock <jmurdock@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 12:48:19 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Akshay Chauhan" <akshay.chauhan@fndc.govt.nz>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 3:27 AM
Subject: [squid-users] InterScan and Squid

> Hi,
>
> I am using TrendMicro's InterScan for Linux with Squid (on the same machine)
> and is setup as follows:
>
> Client --> InterScan --> Squid --> Internet
>
> What I'd like to do is process Squid's logs for statistics (Eg. Top sites,
> etc) and the problem I have is that Squid records the client IP address as
> that of the 'localhost' (since the request is coming from InterScan) and
> this doesn't help me in figuring out which IP's are going to which sites.
>
> Is there a way I can get InterScan to forward the right address ?; OR
> Get SQUID to record the original address ?
>
> Any pointers would helpful. Would appreciate if you could CC an email to me
> directly as well (takes me a while to get thru the lists).

I use Client -> Squid ->Interscan -> Internet. Works well.

If you need to "hide" the interscan, do Client -> Squid -> Interscan ->
non-caching Squid.

There may be some performance benefits to the latter as well if it's a big
pipe. I feel squid is more efficient at pulling the data down - strictly
subjective though, I have done no real tests.

Jerry