RE: [squid-users] Problem with Cygwin and squid

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:22:46 +1100

That web page is obosolete and completely inactive. Ideal are not my
ISP, and haven't been for some time.

Try using the squid that is available via cygwin's setup.exe. I will be
updating it very very soon to the latest released squid.

And, as Guido has already pointed out, you need a user 'nobody' and
group 'nobody' or you need to change the squid.conf file. You need to do
that anyway to use squid, see the FAQ or users guide on installing it.

Cheers,
Rob