Re: [squid-users] Problem with Cygwin and squid

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 20:22:34 +0100

Hi,

Il 19.56 03/03/2002 PZ ha scritto:
>Hi folks,
> I d'led the latest tarball, installed cygwin (w/
> gcc/perl/make/autoconf/bind as stated on
> http://www.ideal.net.au/~collinsdial/Squid2.4.htm .
>My problem is that I'm no *nix wiz at all... So if I try to start the
>/.squid.exe from bash it says "command not found". I own the squid.exe and
>it has the executable flag set too. Direct invocation from windows or one
>of the supplied perl scripts works (i some kind of way)...
>The problem is that squid crashes immediately printing:
>
>FATAL: getpwnam failed to find userid for effective user 'nobody'
>Squid Cache (Version 2.4.STABLE4): Terminated abnormally.
>CPU Usage: 0.000 seconds = 0.000 user + 0.000 sys
>Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
>Page faults with physical i/o: 0
> 119 [sig] squid 84880857 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> SQUID.EX
>E.stackdump
>
>I think it's something with the users...
>Maybe someone can help...
>
>TIA
>
>Paul.
>
>ps:sorry if its a really easy one, but as stated above i suck at *nix!

It seems that there is no "nobody" user on your Cygwin environment.
You must add it to your Cygwin /etc/passwd file, or change the
cache_effective_user directive in squid.conf.

If You want try the Squid Native port, take a look at:
http://www.serassio.it/SquidNT.htm

Regards

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it