Re: [squid-users] Please! Please! Someone Answer, Squid is killing Me

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:57:34 +0000 (Greenwich Standard Time)

If you get 2 messages that's normal, because the messages go to you
directly and to the list, of which you are a member.

Let me be clear about the rules you need:
FORWARD
src: your_lan dest: anywhere port: 3128, 8080 -> DROP
INPUT
src: your_lan dest: squid port: 3128, 8080 -> ACCEPT

Is that what you have?

Remember that iptables is source/destination IP based so you just allow
squid then there's no problem. Squid will not make OUTGOING connections on
the ports 3128 and 8080 but on port 80, so Squid has to have port 80
access.

Please think about this, and if you still haven't got it, send a brief
summary of the IPs of squid, your firewall (I have assumed the firewalling
is on squid, what I say above will not apply if the firewall is elsewhere)
and the firewall rules you have.

--
|-Simon White
|-Internet Services Manager