Re: [squid-users] Please! Please! Someone Answer, Squid is killing Me

From: Razvan Cosma <razvan.cosma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:51:28 +0200

Simon White wrote:

> Make sure you reply to all recipients, and it will get to the list. Your
> MUA (Mozilla / Netscape?) should be able to respect the reply-to field

I was blind, but now I see the light :) I also get duplicate messages :D

> Where did you close ports 8080 and 3128? You should close them for clients
> but not for the squid machine itself. If you are using iptables, you need
> to close 8080 and 3128 on the FORWARD chain but not on the INPUT chain.

  I DID close those ports (and in fact almost all) with iptables, my
question would be: if I allow squid to forward reaquests on port 8080,
would that allow my users to bypass my restrictions?

--
            Razvan Cosma
SysAdmin Telemach SRL Piatra Neamt