[squid-users] Please! Please! Someone Answer, Squid is killing Me(2)

From: MacDermat <macdermat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 19:06:44 +0330

Hello

Thank you everyone for replying about squid which eats the bandwidth.
I had sent my reply to charles and not to the list by mistake.

These are the steps I have gone before (during last 40 days)

1- I have turned disabled caching on quick abort (in fact I had guessed
someone may press refresh on some page or download.).

2- There are no special hosts when bandwidth goes high. I have investigated
it with "netstat-a".

3- As soon as I kill squid bandwidth comes down to normal.

4- I have limitted users to local subclass.

5- I took this assumption in mind that they may request a big file and squid
may download at full speed but I have seen cache log and it does not seem to
be a very big file in the list.

Since last month I have tested all above steps. Charles (from Joynet) has
confirmed that they have the same problem there therefore there must be
something in squid.

Mac