Re: [squid-users] Please! Please! Someone Answer, Squid is killing Me(2)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:36:14 +0100

MacDermat wrote:

> 1- I have turned disabled caching on quick abort (in fact I had guessed
> someone may press refresh on some page or download.).

Make sure you by this havent disabled quick aborts, causing Squid to
always finish downloads.

The quick_abort setting that disables all attempts by Squid to continue
downloading the object after the client has aborted is

quick_abort_min 0 KB
quick_abort_max 0 KB

I.e. makes quick_abort as aggressive to abort as possible, i.e. max
enabled ;-)

> 5- I took this assumption in mind that they may request a big file and squid
> may download at full speed but I have seen cache log and it does not seem to
> be a very big file in the list.

Downloads where quick_abort is disabled or otherwise allows the download
to continue after the last client has aborted will be performed at full
speed, and no record is shown in access.log of the fact.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer