[squid-users] Squid using a different DNS server

From: bdogg <bdogg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 02:56:43 -0700

Hello,

I have been reading, searching, and praying for an answer to this
question. I have an ipmasq that is connected to the attbi.com network
and uses their DNS servers. I want to run multiple webservers behind
this ipmasq and so I am setting up the current setup.

I have a domain (domain.com for example) and all wildcards that DNS to
the external address of my ipmasq. I forward port 80 of my external
interface to port 1080, where squid is running. Squid should then use a
DNS server running on the localhost:53 to DNS a URL like
webserver1.domain.com to 192.168.0.2 and webserver2.domain.com to
192.168.0.3, and return the http info to the browser on the internet
which requested the info.

My question is, how can I set my squid to use the localhost DNS servers,
rather than the attbi.com DNS servers listed in netconf?