RE: [squid-users] mod_gzip for squid ?

From: Christian Bjerre <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:25:47 +0100

> Thankfully apache allows you to send full URLs as requests
> (part of http 1.1), so it can pretend to be a parent proxy.
> Also, since PHPs don't send last-modified or expires headers
> by default, squid will not cache them.
Brilliant!

> acl images urlpath_regex -i \.(gif|jpg|png|swf|txt|jar|xml)$
Just what I needed - You're the best!

> # Don't forward zips if the zipcache is down
> cache_peer_access xx.xx.xx.50 allow images
> cache_peer_access xx.xx.xx.50 allow zips
> cache_peer_access xx.xx.xx.12 deny zips
> cache_peer_access xx.xx.xx.12 allow all
> cache_peer_access xx.xx.xx.11 deny zips
> cache_peer_access xx.xx.xx.11 allow all
Why not same content on all machines > failsafe ?
- guees those zips are huge or plenty of 'em

> # Don't go direct, but httpd_accel is needed to accept
> requests never_direct allow all prefer_direct off
> httpd_accel_host xx.xx.xx.12 httpd_accel_port 80
Yep, just what I'm doing.
- how come .12 ? You both have an cache .12 and web .12 ?
* different scope ?

> httpd_accel_single_host on httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
What ?! Guess I'll need some virtual stuff here instead since I have
several domains ?

> # Cap uploads at 3MB and turn the client_db off.
> request_body_max_size 3 MB forwarded_for on
> store_avg_object_size 32 KB client_db off
Does this mean that if the posted file is larger than 3mb it is sent
directly to the webserver and not stored?
- why would squid be interested in storing incomming trafic ?

I need to post something like 40-80mb - can I just use the above and I
would go trough the proxy and end at apache ?

> Actually, we have a nightly process on each box merge the log
> information into an SQL database.
Same setup here - there's just that redesign of my logs and my c program
I needa fix :(

How do You determine the amount of users - right now I'm using
cookietracking and writing the session variable into the logfile, which
makes it custom :(
- can squid do the same ?

// chirs

Ps. Sorry for bugging you :^)