[squid-users] Error Access Denied

From: favian ee <eefavian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 06:33:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hi. I've got this problem with Squid and have been unable to solve it for many days now. Checked the FAQ and lots of sites but to no avail. Hope you could help me.

I have a private network set up without internet connection yet. Basically it's one server machine which runs linux, Apache, Squid and the necessary dhcp, tftp, tod services. It is connected to a remote client via a router. I'm currently trying to access my Apache webpage via Squid. (I'm able to access it if Squid is turned off). My settings are as follows:

In Squid:
http_port 3128
http_access allow all
http_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid

in Linux (mandrake 6.1), my ipchains are:
ipchains -A input -j REDIRECT 3128 -p tcp -s 0.0.0.0/0 -d 0.0.0.0/0 80

My Apache server is configured to listen to port 80.

I run Squid with the following command: #squid -N -d 1 -D

I am able to access my webpage from the remote client's browser (by typing in the server's IP in the URL field. DNS is disabled) if Squid is not turned on and my ipchains are disabled. However if Squid is turned on and my ipchains are enabled, I get an error message:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://172.16.10.10

The following error was encountered:

- Access Denied

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel that this is incorrect
Generated [date, time] by localhost(Squid/2.2STABLE4)

Can you tell me how I may access my web server via Squid (as a transparent proxy)? Do I have to configure something else? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Favian