Re: [squid-users] ftp-gw and squid

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:38:04 +0000

13-Mar-02 at 10:35, Theresa Klarr (tklarr@smythco.com) wrote :
> Has anyone gotten the ftp-gw included in the firewall toolkit to work with
> squid on the same machine. I have squid and TIS Firewall toolkit on the same
> linux machine. I have the ftp-gw running on port 21. However, I can't seem
> to get ftp access out to the internet even though I have allowed the internal
> IP address out via the toolkit configuration file (netperm-table). Is squid
> getting in the way. The toolkit used to work for ftp before squid was
> installed.

This is probably not directly a squid issue, it doesn't bind to port 21.
However, if your browser clients are specifying Squid as their only proxy,
perhaps they are also trying to use Squid for FTP, and Squid will try to go
direct to FTP sites for them.

Simon.

--
John Lennon:--v [Simon White. vim/mutt/Linux. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS: 38.49%]
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics