Re: [squid-users] squid dies with signal 6

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:23:00 +0000

> >I'm using squid 2.4stable4 running on a linux slackware 8, kernel 2.4.18.
> >squid is started by the followind command:
> >setuidgid squid /usr/squid/bin/squid -d 1 -D
> >
> >the cache starts and work correcly.
> >I've noticed that randomnly squid exit with signal 6... No cache.log
> >errors...
> >Why? What is the potential problem ?

Hello,

I had some problems with exits like this, it was due to bad hardware - a SCSI
disk which was dying. However, this may not be the case for you.

The reason you have had few replies is because it is genuinely difficult to
pin down what this might be. Have you looked at memory usage of the cache
before it dies, numbers of requests, cache.log, access.log... the processes
running... and of course, you haven't told us what your setup is like: aufs,
diskd, ufs? how much cache_mem and disk space for cache_dir, how much physical
memory you have, etc?

--
John Lennon:--v [Simon White. vim/mutt/Linux. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS: 39.52%]
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics