Re: [squid-users] squid dies with signal 6

From: Ron Vachiyer <proutfoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:50:50 -0500

>From: "Federico Lombardo" <egopfe@hotmail.com>
>To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
>Subject: [squid-users] squid dies with signal 6
>Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:00:40 +0100
>
>I'm using squid 2.4stable4 running on a linux slackware 8, kernel 2.4.18.
>squid is started by the followind command:
>setuidgid squid /usr/squid/bin/squid -d 1 -D
>
>the cache starts and work correcly.
>I've noticed that randomnly squid exit with signal 6... No cache.log
>errors...
>Why? What is the potential problem ?

Hello,

I have asked this question less than a week ago with no real leads (only one
reply). I thought it could have to do with my aging GLIBC (I was running on
RH6.2) so I have formatted the cache disks and installed Linux 2.4 on RH7.2,
however since you are asking this same question I believe my work was
useless, other than modernizing the machine somewhat.

What kind of load do you have on this cache?

Thanks,

Ron