Re: [squid-users] dns.

From: Edward Millington <edward@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:45:57 -0400

One extra note to my added dns on the machine includes these 3 params:

ipcache_size 16384
ipcache_low 90
ipcache_high 100

You might say after awhile, there is not need for an internal dns, but I
realise that sometime I have to reboot, upgrade or test other proxy
software, so my ipcache goes back to zero when squid stops.

I hope this information helps.

One last note, name process on my linux only use 1meg of memory and <1% cpu.

 11:41pm up 1 day, 12:10, 1 user, load average: 0.18, 0.18, 0.16
CPU states: 5.1% user, 9.9% system, 0.0% nice, 84.8% idle
Mem: 771148K av, 766724K used, 4424K free, 0K shrd, 249708K
buff
Swap: 128480K av, 3432K used, 125048K free 290220K
cached

  PID USER PRI NI SIZE RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM TIME
COMMAND
  852 squid 17 0 130M 129M 1952 S 12.7
17.1 211:17 squid
   501 named 9 0 5936 5520 1576 S 0.1