Re: [squid-users] Windows Update Problem

From: Robin Stevens <robin.stevens@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:17:36 +0000

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 09:58:07AM +0100, General Manager - Keyworld Ltd wrote:
> We are running Squid 2.4 Stable 4. We plan to put the server into production
> as soon as we solve this weird issue.
>
> Every time we set a browser to use the cache, we cannot successfully
> complete a Windows Update update of files for Windows.
>
> We click on Windows Update, the browser searches for updates available for
> the machine, lists the updates, when we click on DOWNLOAD the download
> window opens up... waits there for a few seconds, then suddenly all the
> download meter bar goes all the way indicating that the download is ready
> but the installation fails for all updates.
>
> If we do NOT use the cache, it works fine.
>
> I have tried everything except obviously the right solution..... :-)))
>
> Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Are you using a parent cache on an earlier version of squid by any chance?
We've certainly seen problems with Windows Update and squid-2.2 (if only
as parent).

--
--------------- Robin Stevens  <robin.stevens@oucs.ox.ac.uk> -----------------
Oxford University Computing Services ----------- Web: http://www.cynic.org.uk/