[squid-users] Windows Update Problem

From: General Manager - Keyworld Ltd <mailing@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:58:07 +0100

Hi,

We are running Squid 2.4 Stable 4. We plan to put the server into production
as soon as we solve this weird issue.

Every time we set a browser to use the cache, we cannot successfully
complete a Windows Update update of files for Windows.

We click on Windows Update, the browser searches for updates available for
the machine, lists the updates, when we click on DOWNLOAD the download
window opens up... waits there for a few seconds, then suddenly all the
download meter bar goes all the way indicating that the download is ready
but the installation fails for all updates.

If we do NOT use the cache, it works fine.

I have tried everything except obviously the right solution..... :-)))

Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris