Re: [squid-users] Squid FAQ - Delay pools

From: Wojciech Milc <wojciech.milc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 01:20:40 +0100

David Luyer wrote:

> Wojciech Milc wrote:
> > But there is one question: how to set configuration to prevent
> > ALL traffic (summary of pool A and pool B) to be higher than 512?
> > Both pools together have 768 kbps and as I understand THIS will be
> > maximum total bandwith eaten up by squid? How to limit a TOTAL
> > bandwidth to 512 kbps and preferably set a priority, say to pool A?
>
> Squid doesn't currently support that.

THAT = priority table or THAT = total bandwitdh level?

Anyway, if I there would be two class 1 pools set at 512 kbps and 768 kbps
and the throughput on the WAN interface would be limited to 1024 kbps total,
nevermind how (by a DSL modem speed or CBQ or the other way) is there
a way to set a priorities between a pools?

Sinecerly

--
Wojciech Milc, wojciech.milc@milc.pl
GSM +48(604)954-543  FAX +48(604)742-212