[squid-users] a question for linux gcru

From: Li Xiang <lix@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:08:29 +0800 (GMT-8)

Hi,

I got a question for linux here. It is not directly related to linux, so
please ignore this email if you are not interested and sorry for the
inconvience.

I have just got one pc and i want to set up linux and play around
squid. So far I have no problem of installing the red hat 7.1 onto it. And
during the whole installation I use the GUI. But after installation, I can
not start the Xserver. I have tried Xconfigurator, but always reports
error. Have tried choose around the parameters, but so far no luck. For
this system I have a SiS 650 on board video card with AGP and I use a
philip 15 LCD as display. My question is how can I let the X server run on
this system. I think there should be one way to configure to run at least
800*600 16 bits color (like standard VGA support). Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,

Li Xiang