RE: [squid-users] Squid stalling

From: Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse <jdw_list@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:14:20 -0600

Thanks for your response on the maxconn ACL. That was very helpful.
Now, of course, flawed "download accelerators" have decided "403" means
"connect once per second PER EXTRA CONNECTION until something changes."
I logged 35,000 403'd connections in one hour from a _dialup_ user. And
of course the User Agent data is faked, so I don't even know who to
blame for the broken software. Sigh. The arms race never ends.

On the stalling issue, I was able to resolve this with some source
tweaks recommended by a friend that I do not fully understand (yet). I
was also forced to disable memory pools, but I can live with that. If a
summary of cause and effect seems generally useful once I understand it
well enough to speak accurately, I'll try to post a summary.

Thanks again for the help.

Jeff

--
NearlyFreeSpeech.NET
$1/1GB Web Hosting, no minimums, no monthly fees, no kidding.