[squid-users] Blocking Sites

From: Michael K Bender <benderm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:55:28 -0500

Hello,

I am currently using a proxy_auth ACL to control access through the squid proxy. However, there are certain
users of mine that I want to only allow access to specific sites. I understand what the ACL would be to do
that, but I want to make sure that the user is first authenticated, and then limited to certain sites. I'm
not sure in what order to put these ACLs in order to achieve what I want. I'm thinking that I'd put a
http_access deny !(sites they are allowed) (list of specific users from ACL), and then the http_access allow
proxy_auth (list of all users from ACL). I'm looking for someone to either tell me if I'm on the right track,
or if I'm completely off.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
-
# Mike Bender Marlboro System Managers #
# benderm@sels.rsc.raytheon.com #
# 508.490.2849 #