RE: [squid-users] comparing squid with IIS 4.0

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:43:28 +1100

Well squid is aging internally, although recent (targeted for 2.6)
changes will help substantially. However, one point of having a
accelerator in front of the webserver is that the accelerator should
have lower latency than the web server for cached files, and ~
equivalent for misses.

The second point is that scaling some web content to multiple servers is
harder than scaling a web proxy farm.

Rob