Re: [squid-users] comparing squid with IIS 4.0

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:01:32 +0000

20-Mar-02 at 08:57, khiz code (khizcode@yahoo.com) wrote :
> well there is sense in what u say
> let me put it this way
> if u ve gone thru my previous mail . u would have noticed that i said that IIS
> can serve abt 538 req/sec and it is not even tuned .
> i dunno of any squid that can handle this sort of load .
>
> so well if a put a squid infront of the IIS server ..well wont squid get
> overwhelmed then
> and as u say about handling dynamic requests // well dont they eventually have
> to be passed to the backend server .

You have a point. The amount of requests/sec will just flood Squid. So, yes,
someone tell me, what is the use of a Squid in front. If you have, say, a
Squid that can do 300 req/s, and IIS 500 req/s, then how is Squid going to be
anything other than a decelerator, and a block to traffic?

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.