[squid-users] proxying and accelerating to self?

From: Bill McGonigle <mcgonigle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:13:53 -0500

I have a machine that's doing several duties:

1) general-purpose webserver, port 80
2) http application server, port 8081
3) squid as httpd accelerator for application server 2), listening on 8080
4) squid as proxy cache for general-purpose use, port 3128

The trouble I'm having is that when a user has his machine set to use squid
as his proxy, he can't access the httpd-accelerated service (access denied)
. I assume this is because squid is detecting a loop back to itself, but
in this case that loop is the correct and will only occur once.

I can't seem to figure out how I would configure squid to permit that.

Thanks,
-Bill