[squid-users] squid question

From: Mike Hunziker <Mike.Hunziker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:47:40 -0600

Sorry, not a very helpful subject line but I couldn't think of a better one. I've searched the faqs and archives but haven't found my answer. Perhaps squid is not suited for my task here.....the real config and reasons for needing this are complex but here is what I'm hoping to do in a generic and simple example.

Normally dns resolves www.foo.com to 10.0.0.1.

I want to be able to have users point their browser to
a squid proxy I set up and have it send www.foo.com to 10.0.0.2

I do not want to change dns or have the user mess with their local host file. Can this be done easily in squid? Squid is so feature rich I'm having a hard time finding even the correct area of the docs/faq to get to the relevent section. Changing the /etc/hosts file
on the squid box (solaris 2.7) and disabling it's dns lookup didn't seem to help at all. It seemed the client was doing all the name resolving, not squid. Any help would be appreciated.

                        Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you