[squid-users] Weird problem i'm facing here ...

From: sixx <sixx@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Mar 2002 00:15:46 +1000

Hi dudes,

I'm stuck here with a funny problem running a transparent squid
2.4STABLE3 with 2.4.18 on iptables 1.2.5-3 for NAT and port redirecting.

Everything works fine except connection to www.sony.com (connection
refused), www.dlink.com (time out) and to my provider's web page (time
out) ...

Interesting bit is if traffic is directed through squid, this problems
occur, but if there's no transparent proxy, you can access all of the
web sites.

telnet www.sony.com 80 also gives connection refused from the gateway.
tcpdump shows packets leaving my WAN interface.

iptables only has the rules for NAT and redirection. Squid only have the
stock config for transproxy and acl for local users to use squid.

Any ideas?

best regards,
sixx

This OUTBOUND message has been checked for all known viruses by the
Swiftech Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit
http://www.swiftech.net.sg/html/antivirusdetails.html or write to antivirus@swiftech.net.sg.